Yesterday, Tuesday 8th August 2017, I watched Chef for the second time – three years after it was released.
Here’s what I thought…
- John Favreau is a joy
- John Favreau’s character has cool tattoos
- John Favreau’s character is called Carl
- I’m called Carl
- Scarlett Johansson is in this film
- Angry Dustin Hoffman is adorable
- I might buy the soundtrack
- Name me a poor Oliver Platt performance. GO ON!
- John Favreau loves food and cooking so much he wrote, directed and starred in a film about food and cooking so that he could learn how to cook food to a 5 star standard. Genius. What would I do that with? Wrestling, probably. Or calligraphy. We’ve been waiting for a good calligraphy film since The Pillow Book in 1996. Haven’t seen it.
- I think I have hair like John Favreau
- Scarlett Johansson saying: “Carl, you’ve been miserable ever since I’ve known you” weirdly made me a little sad
- Robert Downey Junior
- I’ve bought the soundtrack
© Carl Burkitt 2017