Yesterday, Tuesday 22nd August 2017, I watched The Wrestler for the countless time – nine years after it was released.
Here’s what I thought…
- Randy the Ram, The Ayatollah, Billy Bob Banjo, Mr Magnificent: This film has nailed 1980’s wrestler names
- I will never, ever, ever have even half as good a body that 55-year-old Micky Rourke has in this film
- Micky Rourke’s Wikipedia page has a section called “Dogs”, which discusses how many dogs he has and how much he loves his dogs. It’s five paragraphs long.
- I’d always heard of the name “Necro Butcher”, but never realised it was the ridiculous chap who fights Randy the Ram in this messy hardcore match
- Todd Barry can play an absolute bellend to perfection
- I’d watch a two hour film of just Micky Rourke serving people at a deli counter
- Oh God, the hand
© Carl Burkitt 2017